A Rose Hills Memorial Park and Mortuaries salesman has accused their employer of discriminating against him because he’s maybe maybe not of Asian lineage, unlike a big quantity of the cemetery’s consumers.
Bill Conlon is suing their boss, Rose Hills Memorial Park and Mortuaries (picture courtesy BOHM Law Group)
Building rapport because of the Asian community in Southern Ca is really a main company aim of Rose Hills’ corporate owners, but Bill Conlon, 58, of Fullerton, that is white, stated he wasn’t seen as as much as the job.
Conlon filed the lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court tuesday. He alleges he had been addressed differently compared to the cemetery’s sales that are asian, who have been permitted to:
- Skip phone that is mandatory changes to allow them to satisfy more prospective clients of Asian lineage middle eastern mail order bride.
- Offer additional discounts above the standard discount that is maximum.
- Meet families before they enter Rose Hill’s building that is main a violation of company policy.
- Offer a lot more than 10 burial plots every single family members, additionally in breach of business policy.
- Distribute business cards to grieving loved ones, additionally against business policy.
- Attend feng shui seminars.
Possibly most damning, Conlon’s lawsuit describes something in which salespeople that is asian share with clients a red envelope full of money, a ceremonial old-fashioned typically reserved for Lunar brand brand New 12 months as well as other unique occasions. Conlon declined to take part in this training, their lawsuit claims.
Rose Hills, which runs a cemetery that is 1,400-acre unincorporated North Whittier, regarded as the biggest in united states, denies the allegations. Read More